Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie here to the forums, to Sydney (Balmain) & to riding.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Justin Stacks, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Hello Everyone,

Got the L's, got the RS125 and looking for other L platers to ride with and/or a mentor to hit the major streets.

I've been browsing the site for a few weeks and it's just a wealth of knowledge. It's a great forum and I look forward to being part of the netrider community!
  2. Welcome to NR and congrats on the L's. :)
  3. Welcome. Best bike ever. Why'd you pick it? And, pics!

I just put my RS 125 in the bin. Shattered. :(
  4. Onya mate! Welcome.

5. Welcome to NR :)
  6. I was advised by a mate who rides to either go with the Kawa ZX2R or Honda CBR250RR and stick with the inline 4's instead of the newer V twins, or to consider a 2 stroke.

Once I started reading about the 2 strokes, I took into consideration the cons such as they're harder to learn on, more maintenance, cost of synth oil, etc., but when i weighed it up against the pro's such as being quicker than most 250's, keeping up with 600s in the twisities, the thrill of being in the power bands, awesome braking, the looks and the joy of riding an Aprilia - I decided that was what I had to have and picked one up.

So glad I did! No regrets as I am in love with my machine!
  7. congrats man! 2 strokes are beasts!
  8. Howdy and welcome! Glad to hear you're enjoying your ride.