Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie happiness

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by KBear, Oct 21, 2014.

1. So I went out again today after a terrible ride yesterday (I really need to work on slow riding and cornering) and decided to travel up Sydney Road to practice stop/starting in traffic. What a great ride it ended up being! No stalls. Had to really concentrate on trams and cars changing lanes but I had blasted all the way up to Craigieburn before I knew it!

Got my first *nod* off a sportsbike rider on Sydney Road and got asked about my bike through a car window stopped at the lights.

Day Three of the Bike really gave me a buzz.

• Like Like x 5
  2. go to saturday practice and then go on the after ride you will love it and learn heaps
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Planning on showing up this week. Sounds like its exactly what I need.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. see you there
  5. Welcome to NR...

+1 to Saturday practice...
  6. Well done
  7. great work :]
  8. Welcome to Netrider
  9. Few weeks in, now. I spend most of my time completely, utterly lost. Its fuggin fantastic.

I want to hit up a group ride soon!
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Congratulations ! - you have the same bike as me. :) I've put an IXIL pipe on, so she sounds a bit more grown up now lol.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Congrats - great to be getting over stall anxiety lol!
  12. It gets worse- I am like a teenager again obsessing with all things motorbike- especially when you start hurting your neck in your hurry to check out other riders and their bikes as they whizz by! I am sure when I am on the bus sussing everyone out on their bikes, everyone probably just thinks I am a dirty old pervert- but seriously only interested in the wheels...:p
  13. Haha. You could be worse and have a collection photos or a stack of magazines My partner is hoping that all of the bike magazines will one day all fall into the recycling bin and free up space. It seems a sacrilege to throw them away.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Welcome, a new bike is a great feeling. Don't get frustrated with slow speed stuff, gradual practice and it will come to you in time.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I perve more than is considered sane. I can't help it!
  16. Don't worry. More you ride better you will get in general. I look at bikes all the time especially when I am stuck in the car and can't do lane filtering and get unstuck
  17. Wow. It's been a while. I've finally booked in my licence test!

I love my bike and everything is represents. See you on the roads.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Congrats on booking the test, wishing you all the best with it! :)