Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie fron the Yarra Valley

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by sl100, Mar 11, 2013.

1. #1 sl100, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    GDay all, joined up a couple months ago but now it looks like I'll be hanging around (the site and the hobby :) ) I thought I better do an intro thread. Ben is my name and I'm out in the Yarra Valley. Don't have my learners yet but I've got a couple bikes already.
    Dragged my old mans 1970 Honda SL100 out of the shed over the Christmas holidays and woke it from its 15+ year slumber and found that after a few repairs it still runs like a dream. After banging around the back roads on it a bit I decided I better do this properly and get legal.
    So it led to bike two, a Suzuki GSX250F off eBay. Needs a few bits and pieces as you would expect for a sub $1000 eBay bike but I've already started on the fixes. Once i get it sorted and registered again I'll head off for my learners and hit the road.
    See ya round!

2. Welcome Ben

You're in a really nice spot for riding.
  3. Hi Ben, Yarra Valley is a great riding region so you should have lots of fun. Hope you get out and about soon.