Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie from western

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Ejwil, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Hey everyone, just got my P's last weekend, was happy to change over to the cleaner red side of my plates. Still got alot to learn tho but I enjoy every moment on my bike... as much as I would love to push it off a cliff and get a bigger one, $12.80 an hour means that wont be happening soon ](*,)

A bit about me, im 18 live near point cook and ride my 1993 (same year as i was born :angel: ) GPX 250, which seems to have some issues but I love riding so im out pretty much every day :)

2. ten bucks say you push that gpx off a cliff and it'll still run...lol love the bloody things

welcome mate.

3. I might have to hold you to that one day :p

I just dont know if its meant to be that loud or if it means something is playing with me, noisey little thing my GPX and as soon as I hit 6k.. it sounds alot worse :(

4. make a video of it and upload a link? gpx's do generally have a loud knocking sound when idling ...

5. this isnt on idle, this is while riding, when I went for my P's the instructor said it sounded like a hole in the muffler. but when he looked over my bike he couldnt find anything majorly wrong. And after the terrible stuff around and $700 cost of my last service I think it will be a little while before I take it in again (but thats a whole new thread)

6. Hi and welcome to NR

Learn to do your own servicing and you will save a bit of money.