Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie from the Gold Coast

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by errrr, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Heya,

Just thought I would sign up as I have decided to pursue a life long dream or maybe its my midlife crisis :) of getting a motorbike/license (against all my friends and families wishes) and have been browsing the forums for a while trying to get as much info as possible and thought I would finally sign up. :)

Am really keen on the CB400 and am currently looking at some second hand examples on bikesales, and slowly getting through the 200+ page thread on them. :)

2. I also take offense to the term midlife ....I'm only 27
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. but acts 13;)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I'm 37 and I act like I'm 12, so @87crisis@87crisis is more advanced than I!

Welcome to Nutrider, @errrr@errrr!

So... This leaves the question... Who is going to ask @errrr@errrr the initiation question?
  5. I too have just joined today, and purchased a 2009 CB400 with abs. Absolutely love it. Also a mid life crisis (just turned 51, already on 2nd bike in 6 months since getting my L's)

CB400 is a great bike, long as your not 6ft plus. (y)

I chose it over a newer CB500F (tough choice really), after deciding to upgrade from my initial purchase of a cbr250ra (which is also pretty neat for what it is)

Make sure you ride one before you buy.
  6. hehe thanks for the replies...

I'm 35 and act like i'm 12 too... so my son tells me.

As for the initiation question.... no comment. :)
  7. Welcome to Netrider, although getting into riding at 35 is hardly a mid-life crisis :LOL:
  8. welcome errrr Any women that rides a bike is hot.
    Been to Canungra yet?
  9. That's so sweet! It's adorable when the n00bs act all coy! Don't worry, you'll be as brash as the rest of us in no time! ;)

Are you calling errrr a woman?
  10. hehe i'm a guy... sorry to get your hopes up :)

Went to have a look at a 2009 CB400 after work yesterday for $7500 onroad when the gentleman at the dealership mentioned that I could pickup a brand new non ABS version for $9400 on road... Am going through finances but am struggling to see why I shouldn't go the new bike.

Arggg decisions decisions...
  11. Whoops me bad.
  12. You should be able to get that 2009 for a lot less than $7500. I struggle to see how it would be worth getting the new one.
  13. new bikes are over-rated.....trying to control a 20+ year old bike that could explode on you at any moment is where the fun is at