Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie From The Gold Coast

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Cobra, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Hi Ho Everybody,

Hello from the - currently - wet Gold Coast. Anyone need some rain where they are? I'd be happy to send you some.

Most of the time I spend at home reading and watching DVD's. I plan to subscribe to a motorcycle magazine in the next few weeks as well.

I have had my learners for a few months but I have only had one 3-hour lesson with Australian Motorcycle Academy. The best thing for me is that my brother is paying for the lessons. His and mine. It's not cheap either.

Ever since I passed the written test, I have been researching motorcycles and apparel. I CAN'T WAIT TO GO SHOPPING!!! I have been getting estimates from websites and working on my budget.

I figure I'll have my licence within the next 4 to 5 weeks, after that I figure I'll start buying bits and pieces a little at a time.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone I can here and getting together with some of you here on the Gold Coast eventually.

2. Hi Cobra, great to see another girl on here, and from Qld too! It sounds like you've already discovered the magical A word - Accessories - honestly, its never ending once you start checking out whats available to bling your bike up with. Happy riding to you, and welcome to NR.
  3. G'day Cobra

Enjoy the gear and bike shopping!

And you can keep the rain (y)

Fun Ha!
  4. Welcome Cobra, great to see another Gold Coaster!

AMA are great, can't recommend them enough. I got both my RE and R licences with them and had a awesome time doing it. :)
  5. Man the girls are taking over, subscribe to the rapid magazine :)
  6. Hey Cobra, welcome to the forum :)

Be sure to give us some show and tell once you've got your bike and gear!

7. Welcome Cobra. Good luck shopping for a bike. The choice is terrific.
  8. Hi Cobra and welcome. I'm in Coffs.. After purchasing dozens of mags I subscribe to Motorcyle Trader.. lots of everyday articles and also a section as to whats 'For Sale' I think I paid $57 for 13 copies a year.. Before you shop do your homework on the net etc and try on as many diff helmets as you can. Forget about fashion but 'you dress to slide' to give yourself max protection. The rule of thumb WHATEVER FEELS COMFORTABLE FOR YOU!
  9. Woot woot - yes! Another girl. Hahaha.

10. +1 to vossy53 - they say "Dress for the crash not the ride" .... or perhaps more accurately "Dress for the crash not the destination".

Make sure you're comfortable but give yourself the best protection you can get - your riding gear basically has to make up for the absence of a car body surrounding you, so don't skimp!

11. Hello Everyone,

I'M OUT OF MONEY!!! I cannot afford to continue my motorcycle lessons at the moment and I am really bummed!!! I was due to start the exercises needed to pass the course. I was already riding on a bike of my own during the last lesson, and I was really looking forward to passing before Christmas.

Now it looks like I'll have to wait until next year to complete the course.

WAH!!! :-({|= :cry:

I'm starting to save again for my lessons.
  12. Thats sad. Hope you get back to lessons soon.
  13. Is it just seat time you want? i sure someone would come adn follow you for a bit if that is all you need.
  14. Welcome Amy and have fun.