Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie from SYD

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by jz714, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

Just a noob from Sydney, and thinking of getting the new ninja 300.
    Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated! I would love to know any recommended bike shops around parramatta area and cheapest place to get them, feel free to pm me.

Thanks in advance.

Jesse

2. G'day jz,

Post a bit about why you want a bike so we can help you more.

3. I always want to get a bike for weekend rides, maybe a bit short trips around town.

4. but....are you hot? we need to know that too....standard question.

any particular reason you want the new 300?
    are you looking at getting a bike with a loan or buy outright?
    whats your budget?
    have you included gear in this budget?

5. I like the ninja 300, my budget would be around $8500 includes all gears (helmet, jacket, kelv jeans, gloves + boots). I'll be getting it outright.

EDITED: I'm still on my Ls, so if i gonna spend 5-6k on a second hand ninja 250R, might as well get a new one + warranty and no need to deal with used bike dramas

6. If you are shopping in the 250-300 engine sizes I would get a new Ninja 300 with ABS, future resale will be assured. Looks like a future learner classic.

I bought a new Versys 650 from Bikebiz on Parramata Rd, Parramatta, they have been excellent to date and were price competitive when I bought the bike.