Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie from Qld

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Macca8309, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Looking for some advice for buying a starter bike. Any help greatly appreciated

2. Looking at buying a CB125e for $1900 with 4800kms on the clock. I'm just looking for a run about for 6 - 12 months to learn on then going to upgrade. Was just wondering if this amount of kms on the clock is something to worry about with these bikes. I heard they just keep going and going and going so not sure whether to look for something with less n the clock.

3. I recently purchased a 2nd hand CB125e, highly recommended starting bike. Plenty of good reviews out there, try productreview website for Aussie reviews (sorry forum won't let me post a link for some reason).

Cheap, easily replaceable parts - I am expecting to drop the bike a few times as I still manage to drop my push bike! I am also learning myself & managed to find one for $1300 with only about 1100kms on it so I couldn't let it pass. I'm only tiny (5'0" 49kgs) & when got on a few 250cc sports bikes I was overwhelmed with the sizes & weights. This is very easy to handle, good for short commutes, seems pretty reliable from what I've read.

4. 4,800 k ? It's only just run in, wouldn't know about the price.

5. Welcome. The Honda should be a good choice unless you're a big bloke. It'll be wide open to hold motorway speeds but with regular servicing it should last. The mileage is nothing if it's been well treated.