Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie from Perth, WA

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Mika79, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Hi all, been lurking for about a month, decided it was time to introduce myself.
    Rode dirtbikes on the family farm back when I was in High school, but sort of lost the love at the end of highschool. Or rather didn't have the cash/friends/time to continue it when I moved to Perth. Instead took up beating cars around in the dirt instead.
    But about a month ago, it was a pretty nice Winters day, the kind Perth is renowned for. I was driving home and saw a guy on a cruiser of some sort just beetle-ing down the road, heading who knows where and thought 'That should be me'. Now cruisers aren't my style and racing around on the dirt on two wheels doesn't hold the same sort of attraction it once used to, so I'm looking for a sports bike (probably a CBR500) to get out onto the Perth back roads and further out into the sticks.
    Have just passed my learners permit, so about to organise lessons. Enjoying the info I've found on Netrider, specifically the near misses thread, it's interesting seeing where other riders have gone wrong and hopefully I'll be able to learn from their mistakes

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome to NR

3. Welcome to NR

4. welcome aboard :]

5. G'day MikaMika, welcome to Netrider.

6. Welcome sir

7. Thanks for the welcome gents, have already got onto a training mob and have booked a test for next Tuesday, pretty excited !