Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie from Newcastle

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Jaz88, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Hi all.

Been keeping up with your site for the last couple of months, thought it was time I joined as I need some advice (which I'll post somewhere over in the Bike Questions section in a bit).

What to say? I'm 20, and currently studying on campus at Newcastle University. Since I was about 10 when I rode my friends Honda 80 over some paddocks I've wanted to own bikes, and a few years ago I got my L's and bought a nice little 250 Virago.

However, I've decided it's time to upgrade so I've just sold the little girl off, and I'm currently bikeless while I hunt for something bigger.

Anyhow, I look forward to chatting to some of you in the future! :)

- Jaz

2. welcome jaz, u still looking at cruisers or something more sportier

3. Definitely something sportier, though I loved the little cruiser to learn on as it was so easy to ride and very forgiving for someone as uncoordinated as myself.

I did look a little ridiculous on it though as I'm about 6 foot and 95kgs, with a cheap Honda jacket with very chunky padding it was a bit like the world's fattest twins on their bikes.

I've been looking at the 600's but as a poor student I'm limited to about $5000, so I know my chances are pretty low. :)

4. 5 grand should get you a decent enough bike.

I'm looking to spend the same and there are quite a few options. The older 600 & 750s are going dirt cheap now-a-days.

Welcome to the forum.