Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie from N. Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by J-Tim, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Greetings from a newbie, living in Wahroonga!

I've been driving cars for last ten years and I guess it's time for me to discuver new horizons. I've always been terrified of motorbikes (still remember, when my uncle got killed, riding one) but I think life's already full of hazards, so adding a new one isn't going to make a big deal.

I've also been a member of Volkswagen automotive forum where some people gave me a bit of a push towards bikes, so I guess that's the way I am headin'. :)

Anyways, I have yet to even start riding a bike, let alone buying one, but I managed to register for a pre-learner course held near Wyong for mid-May, since St. Ives has been completely booked out.

Well, not many questions at this stage, besides probably asking if there is anyone in my area, who'd be willing to ride along in the future and give tips and tricks.

Anyways, Netriders seems like a nice place to hang out and I am looking forward to meeting new people. :)
    Peace.

2. Welcome to NR :)

Its just another adventure isnt it lol Im sure you wont find a shortage of people up for a ride or willing to offer advice.

Lucy

3. Welcome to NR mate

i also lost 2 uncles on motorbikes but i believe they are up there now looking over me, good luck with the course and when time comes, youll learn heaps with us out at Homebush, enjoy :)

4. Thanks for the welcome, guys!

Really looking forward to start riding to see if it's really my cup of tea.... I am afraid it is! :D

5. ... given your intro, there's ^^ an interesting way of putting it :grin:

Welcome to NR Tim, you'll be just fine, "hooked" in no time, just like the rest of us were :LOL:

6. Welcome.

Good luck with the test, you'll breeze it.

Lots of old pac rides are organised so keep an eye out for them, also a good place to practice (I suggest during the week, not so much fun being on your Ls and there on a sunday morning being overtaken every 2 seconds).