Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie from Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by UP-ON-ONE, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Hey all,

I actually posted in another thread in the wrong section.

I have been wanting to buy a bike and start riding for some time, but business, family and general life commitments have always been a priority, however I think the time has come to just bite the bullet.

I've ridden mates bikes from time to time to get a feel, and I would really enjoy getting into my own bike.

I am keen to get some expertise and great advice from seasoned riders and newbies alike, we are never too old (or young) to learn new things.

Look forward to hopefully meeting a few of you once I have a bike to actually come along !

2. Thanks Mick :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome aboard, Jay, there's plenty of information and advice on tap here....
  4. Welcome to the forum Jay

5. Hi Jay, I saw your other thread soliciting ideas for a bike. For many of us here riding gets to be a passion and more than just transport a way of dealing with the blues of life. There is nothing finer than the open twisty roads, the smell of eucalyptus in your nostrils and the roar of your machine. On a bike, even when riding with groups, there is a solitude of mind that helps blow away the doldrums. I have never been able to be unhappy on a bike and at times it has kept me sane.

Welcome to our world.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Welcome to NR.

Please enjoy your stay!
  7. Cheers all !!

I ride bicycles (I know it aint the same) and I love the peaceful nature of it. Riding bikes I'd imagine providing the same sort of mind relaxation and at the same time, being very exhilarating.

Looking forward to the journey ahead !
  8. Quick tip: DO NOT wear Lycra on a motorbike.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Welcome Jay.
  10. Welcome Jay to NR.
  11. welcome aboard =D
  12. Thanks guys,

I dont even wear lycra when I cycle !!

Hopefully I'll be able to give back as much as I take in from this forum!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Welcome mate
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Welcome. Bikes are cool.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Welcome to NR....
  16. And has the added benefit of not having to pedal up hills!
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks everyone for the welcomes :)

Yes pedalling up hill isn't fun but certainly builds fitness quick!
    Bikes are awesome machines !
  18. Mountain or road UP-ON-ONEUP-ON-ONE ? I'm MTB - gotta love off-road downhills lol
  19. I ride a hybrid, mainly roads but I hit the dirt trails with my cousin too. Love it!