Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie from Melbourne saying HI!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by murrayd01, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Greetings everyone! been browsing the forums for a few weeks but this is my first post. Got my licence first shot on 7th of February and picked up my brand new 2006 honda VTR on the 12th. Having never riden a bike before has made the new experience all the more exhilarating! Wow. Anyway 2 days ago i came off the bike going around a corner, front wheel went out from under me i think it might have been all the gravel and broken glass on the road but who knows. A few scratches and bruises on me but i scatched my baby! Noooo!! Little sore and embarresed. But i got back on and kept riding!
    Then yesterday i think i finally began to understand the thrill and utter enjoyment of ridng. I went down the Great Ocean Road with a friend of mine who owns a Blackbird (thats a nice bike!) those corners are amazing and the salt air smell just cant be beat. I now where ill be spending the rest of my days off.
    Probably a little long for an intro post but im so excited and i feel alive!!!

Daniel Murray.
  2. Hi there! :grin:

Glad you're enjoying ya toy. You'll never stop getting that feeling now. :grin:

Don't worry about the bike. It's all just part of the learning process. Just think of them as battle scars. :wink:
  3. It's not damage - it's customising (least now your bike's different to all the other VTRs out there). Welcome to the forums anyway, have fun out there.
  4. Welcome to the Forum \:D/
    Glad to here your ok. I had my first off the same way, 2 week old new bike :roll: Only I waited until I had been riding 12 months.
    Enjoy the ride. Have fun here as well

5. Bad luck about the bike but welcome to the forum, where abouts in melb are you?
  6. Welcome Daniel..

Where bouts in Melb U from? Me 30km S/E Dandenong area.

What is it wif all these people coming off their bikes man :?
  7. welcome :blah: to netrider
  8. good bike the vtr
  9. Welcome Daniel

Hope you enjoy your time on the forum.

Dont worry about the bike, a couple of battlescars just add character :wink: At least you were able to get back on and ride away :)
  10. welcome to the forums.....
  11. daniel welcome to the forum :biker:

bummer on the off but at least your first stack is out of the way
  12. welcome to the boards, should come along to one of the coffee nights/social events.

cheers stewy
  13. Hi there mate and welcome.

:grin: :grin:
  14. welcome
    what more can i say..... :grin:
    where abouts are u??
  15. What the fcuk is this rubbish. I can't type, so what? It's just a fcuking internet form, not a spelling competition.
  16. Hi once again, i live in Glen Huntly during work days but i spend most of my days off down in geelong. Work mates have been telling me about all the great rides around the state, Black Spur, Arthurs Seat, Mount Macedon. Are there many other great roads i should have a go at? Also i plan on riding up to Brisbane during April, and towns/places anyone would recommend me stopping by to have a look at?