Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie from Central Victoria

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Trevor Petrie, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Hi everyone, Trevor from Castlemaine, VIC here. I've been riding for a little while but I'm new to Netrider.
    I'd wanted to ride since I was a little tacker and finally bought a Honda CT 110 (Postie Bike) in 2007 which I stripped down, sprayed white and customised it in 2013 (removed the rear tray and crash guards, added chrome ape hangers, chrome mirrors, bullet indicators, custom exhaust). It was a great fun little bike to ride. After moving from Bendigo to Castlemaine I found I needed something bigger so I sold it and bought a Honda VT 250 Custom. Sadly it turns out the bike had been garaged for quite some time and I'm currently chasing the results of a rusty tank and dirty fuel in the hope of getting the bike running smoothly. I just had the tank reco'd and I'm now wondering if I should just drain the carbies or do a full pull down and clean?

2. Howdy & Welcome to the forums!

3. Thanks Jaytee :]

4. Howdy Trevor Welcome.

If the fuel line had an inline filter you will probably get away with replacing/cleaning the filter and perhaps drain the bowels. If not then try a drain and see how you go, if you get it running you may be able to pull any crud through.

5. Hi Chris, Thankfully it does have an in-line filter, or rather it came with one on which I've replaced several times becaus
    Hi Chris, Thankfully it does have an in-line filter, or rather it came with one on it which I've since replaced several times now because they were so badly blocked. Thanks for the tips I'll give that a go!

6. Welcome to the forum!

7. Welcome to the forum, it's good to see another Castlemaniac on the boards :)