Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie from Baulkham Hills

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Komano, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Hi, I am newbie from Baulkham Hills. I am a late starter at 42 yrs old. Just got my learners licence and now pondering what bike to buy.
    I am leaning more towards cruiser models like vstar 650A. The price difference between new bikes and reasonable used ones are just 2-3K. Any advise welcome.
    Also what are the best value options for Comprehensive insurance for a learner?

• Like Like x 1
  2. G'day and welcome, KomanoKomano.

I have comprehensive motorcycle insurance from Swann Insurance. The 2015-16 premium for for my LAMS motorcycle was ~$270 which I found to be very competitive. I also got quotes from GIO and NRMA at the time but both were significantly more expensive. Shannons and Insure My Ride are others that come to mind too.

3. welcome young fella, 43 on my red Ps. Used bikes are different to cars as well, make sure anything you buy has low k's or resale/trade in when you get your blacks and upgrade will shock you.
    Swann is known to be better for older riders QBE also not bad.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. welcome aboard :]

5. Welcome to NR.. im with Insuremyride ..check them out.

6. Welcome ! Im with QBE found them to be the cheapest :)

7. Welcome to the forum. I am with Famous Insurance they are located in Baulkham Hills and they price matched other insurers lowest quote, so give them a call to find out.