Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie from Bankstown

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by scotty81, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Hi everyone,
    I'm David, from Yagoona. (Emigrated from Uk 8 years ago).

At 34 years old I am a fairly late starter, but after 17 years of driving a cage, I am finally being set free!

Will be going for my L's next week at Clyde and also I'll be checking out the learner lessons at Homebush (as I work at the Olympic Park anyway.

I'm looking to pick up a Yamaha yzf r15 as my first bike, and then go bigger later on.

Hope to make some good friends here and go for some good rides also.
  2. Welcome David.
    I'm struggling to work out which was your best decision: learning to ride or emigrating from the UK ;)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. welcome to NR David - I am at Moorebank so not too far away - definitely check out the learner sessions - nice choice of bike :cat:(y)
  4. I'm in the same boat, 35 and on my L's. When I did the pre learner course(early August) there were 2 others classes on that day and half the people were my age or older, so apparently 34 isn't that late of a start ;)

I like the R15 too, if I wasn't a big git I would have gone with it.

Best of luck next week.
  5. G'day DavidDavid, welcome to Netrider. All the best with the Learner rider course next week; let us know how you go.
  6. Thanks Krunk,
    Nice bike on your profile picture, is that the R3?
    I really like the R125, looks great but I think the 125cc would struggle with my weight also, plus its quite pricy for a 125.
  7. Yeah mate, R3.
    Weight isn't so much of an issue, but from my recent buying experience being tall will narrow your choice on the small sportbikes.
  8. hey Krunk, can I ask how tall you are? I'm also looking at the R3. Awesome bike
  9. gday scotty81scotty81 and welcome to NR aka the Penal Colony! :p
  10. Welcome to the nut house!