Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie from Adelaide

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Hammer73a, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Hi all I wanted to introduce myself as a newbie rider from Adelaide

I have only just got my L's (at the age of 42 I might add!) and am in the process of bike shopping - I've pretty much been able to get everything I need up to this point (apart from a helmet) and am keen as to get out there.

As I live in the hills, I'm lucky that I have some great roads at my disposal and looking forward to early mornings and evenings enjoying this new passion!

If you are from Adelaide it would be great to know who's who, it's pretty daunting for a newbie so looking forward to meeting a few of you out there!

2. Welcome aboard, what bikes are you looking at ?
  3. Welcome to NR from Adelaide.
  4. Welcome Hammer - you beat me by a year to get a bike licence. Enjoy your bike shopping
  5. Thanks all for the greeting! I'm looking at the VTR250 as a start, there are a few around currently. Also the SV650 would be good. I'm not looking at anything to powerful just yet - I really need to get comfortable with riding first before I start to up the ante so to speak...!
  6. you don't have to twist the throttle all the way. I went straight for a 660cc am 1 month in and still have hit WOT. But am having fun giving her a little more each time as get more comfortable with it.
  7. Welcome to a lifetime of addiction to everything with 2 wheels!
  8. Hi Hammer. Welcome to motorcycling from another Adelaide NR newbie!
  9. welcome to Netrider and 2 wheels Hammer....you wont regret it!(y)
  10. Welcome along! There's a new SV650 coming out soon if the budget goes there, if you aren't going for speed it may well be your forever bike, they are quite capable.
  11. welcome aboard :) and as they say your never to old