Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie Chick in Wollongong.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by fifi1980, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Hey everyone,

I've been lurking around for a little while on netrider picking up some great tips, so thought it was time to introduce myself.

I bought a VTR250, and have been riding around my backyard for a week, so have my slow speed manouvering down pat!

I passed my L's today, went straight home and out on the road around my house, still can't wipe the smile off my face! Practiced a few hill starts (the roads around my place are very twisty and hilly, so I had a ball!)

Still getting used to indicators, having only ever ridden dirt bikes, so it's something new to me, was thinking about them a little bit too much and forgetting to check my mirrors, stupid newbie mistakes!

But was glad I had my first "bloody car driver" experience, turning back into my street a van stopped but didn't see me. He went to go again, but I had already covered my brakes and backed off the throttle (then he did see me and stopped), everything I should have done, without even thinking about it. So it's given me a bit more confidence, knowing I'm reacting instinctively.

I am keen as to go for a bigger ride and out in traffic once I don't have to think about the operations of the bike so much, hopefully won't be too long........

Well, that's my life story, haha can't stop raving about it - just so f**n excited I'm out amongst it at last!

Cheers, Fi.
  2. Welcome, Fi. Lots of great riding road around here. Hope to see you at the Pie Shop one day.
  3. Thanks rc36, looking forward to when I'm confident enough to take on the pass. :grin:
  4. Do it tomorrow; you know you want to :LOL:

Seriously, Fi, welcome to Netrider, and the joys of the road.....
  5. Haha, problem is I DO want to. :grin:

Hubby's not so keen on the idea though.......I'm worried he'll hide the keys.
  6. get a copy made and put it somewhere safe from your hubby.
  7. You know, when I got my licence, I came straight home from the DMR office in Wolongong, showed the wife the piece of paper that said I was legal and rode straight up Macquarie Pass. That was in 1974!!
  8. Good tip Thera!

rc36 - Times change. That's my excuse and I'm stickin to it until the idea doesn't scare me. :grin:
  9. Welcome Fi, get ready for a new life, the old 1 is gone, u have been christened :cool:
  10. Welcome Fi, enjoy the ride.
  11. Thanks for the warm welcome. :grin:
  12. welcome fifi, when you feel confident enough, you will love the pass, it is awesome, and very safe if ridden calmly. If hubby is worried toss him a helmet and throw him on the back seat, but beware he may catch the bike bug if he hasn't aready got it