Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie chick from Newcastle

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Lilbec383, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Hey there everyone

My name is Bec, I'm 29 and I live in Mayfield East, in Newcastle (for those of you who live in Newy, don't judge, not my choice!! lol) - I have had my learner licence for just a month now and own a cute little blue 07 model Yamaha Scorpio. I love riding already, and although I know she's not the best bike on the planet - she'd had a bit of a hard life before I even got her, and I haven't helped with my typical learner bad gear changes or by dropping it a few times - but I love riding already.

Wanted to get my bike licence since I got my L's for my car, 13 years later I finally got my act together and bought a bike, haha :) I bought 'lil' blue' for a mate down on the central coast, she'd been stolen and returned and my mate just didn't have the time to fix her so she sat in his backyard for 12 months. wasting away. She wasn't running when I got her and had some nasty damage, but with 3 weeks of hard work by yours truly (and some advice and a little help from a close friend) and a lot of replacement parts and servicing I was able to start her for the first time. I have to say it was the best 3 weeks of my life. I love working on bikes.

So I've probably said enough for my first post, look forward to chatting with you all soon!! :)

Cheers

Bec

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome Bec, nice to have another Newcastle rider on board :).

3. From what I've seen on the roads there's a lot of us... ;)

4. I'm to believe that this won't come up for a while - but here's a pic of my bike :)

bike_profile.

5. Welcome Bec.

Lots of helpful people on here, just ask away.

Great job getting your bike back on the road.

Cheers Jeremy.

6. Welcome from down the road on the Central Coast.

7. Welcome! Always a good feeling getting the spanners out (and having it work afterwards, too).

8. well...finally a chick that has a pic as her avatar and saves us asking if she's hot...thankyou...and welcome...

• Like Like x 6
  9. Hi Bec & welcome to Nutrider :D
    Might not be her pic!!! :demon:

10. Welcome.
    I do';t knock Newie since I grew up there from when I was 4 and have been back many times.
    Mayfield East would be ok now with no BHP.
    Looks like you have done well with the bike.

11. Welcome to NR :)

12. Welcome to NR Bec :)

13. Haha it is my pic :) few months old but one of my favorites.

14. Welcome, Bec. My avar is also me, but I'm so ugly and shy I had to have my hat on when it was taken. LOL.

Welcome to NetRider. Lovely to meet someone who starts out by working on them and learning what makes them go, before heading out into the roads. I doesn't happen much with boys, but as far as I can remember, you're the first girl I've ever heard that story for. That makes you a very rare and fascinating beginner.

Lots of riding advice up here. Lot's of people willing to help. And a few who like to talk to girls, although I don't know why. (Girl's germs, e-e-w-w!)

Anyway, welcome along, nice to have you aboard.

15. Welcome to NetRider. Lovely to meet someone who starts out by working on them and learning what makes them go, before heading out into the roads. I doesn't happen much with boys, but as far as I can remember, you're the first girl I've ever heard that story for. That makes you a very rare and fascinating beginner.

Lots of riding advice up here. Lot's of people willing to help. And a few who like to talk to girls, although I don't know why. (Girl's germs, e-e-w-w!)

Anyway, welcome along, nice to have you aboard.[/QUOTE]

hi Bec and welcome on board. As Kneedragon said, absolutely fascinating to read about your efforts. Doing it the right way unlike most of us(me included) who just jump on the bikes and do the maintenance part later, if at all. This is a great forum and you'll enjoy the company. Welcome to the road and stay safe
    jaya

16. Welcome to NR Bec, safe & happy riding !

17. Morning Bec, welcome to NR! You will find loads of information and helpful peeps here!

18. Welcome to the forum, depending on where around Newy and the Hunter you ride I will most probably share a nod with you sooner than later.

19. Wow we dont have to ask...

20. O yeah welcome )