Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie checking in

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Digbot, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Hello,
    I am new to riding, had my licence 7 months and my own bike 1 month. Needing tons of advice and Yoda-like tutelage from experienced riders so I throw myself upon the mercy of the forums and the wizened sentinels who post within. My bike affectionately known as Brutus, is a LAMS Ducati Monster 659 (I know what you are thinking too $$$ for a first bike) maybe it is but it was a reward for myself for landing my new job and it is also my baby (yes I have been known to talk to it adoringly) and I plan on having it for a long time. I researched the pants off first bikes, as well as good bikes for female riders, and it had brilliant reviews, coupled with a great pedigree, and killer good looks (not forgetting the sound of the pipes) I dived in no regrets so far - well maybe that I should have bought it earlier! My avatar is my beloved Brutus FYI.
    So greetings my new friends, I sincerely hope we get to ride together someday :)

2. Hi there Digbot & welcome to Netrider :)
  3. hello Digbot
  4. Welcome. Sweet ride
  5. If you need Yoda-like tutelage, you need to move to NSW :p

Welcome to the forums (y)
  6. Are you hot??

Welcome.....enjoy the duke.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. You'll get better tutelage from SA without all the sugar coated crap. Blabbs is the new technical trainer :D
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Didn't take him long :D

Welcome digbot
  9. Perks of having Internet connection that hasn't been messed with...I can load shit without issue on nr now
  10. Goonies !
  11. Goonies! ...you get the idea
  12. Since male riders are far more numerous on nr then women, I would think the real question is are you hot? I can have my pick of the litter you see and I am not satisfied with runts.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. @87crisis You just got served.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ooooo, she's feisty..... I like that (y)
    You will fit in here well Digbot
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Can we keep her please?
    • Like Like x 1
  16. bout time we had some worthwhile females.... we still need pics tho....i can supply one after if you'd like ?? :D
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Would my wedding pictures suffice ?
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Welcome to NR. I just like to sit and watch. Never really say much but learn a heap from most of the people here.

19. Yep, we love wedding pics. Welcome aboard, put on your silly hat and enjoy the party. Another little Monster, nice choice.