Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie also needs advice on leathers ...

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Kane Mortlock, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Hello again, :D

Can some people who know please give me some advice on leathers/protective apparel. I'm guessing I want leathers because I want full protection and two piece is probably the go.

What brands are best? Any info. and advice?

Thanks to anyone who bothers to answer to help me out.

Kane. :)

2. Once again, Kane, have a look at Underdog Leathers (one of our sponsors) they give members a discount.
    If you need to try on leathers, Trevor Jordan has a good range.

3. Kane, I would go for the best you can afford. The best leather thou is only as good as the stitching. Look for leathers that have strong stitching that sits below the level of the surrounding leather. If the stitching gets ground off the leather may not hold together. Two piece is deffinitely the more practicle. It is much easier to get in and out off and offers the ability to separate them. This is handy when you stop and want some air on a warm day for example. One piece suits are more and more becoming "race" type suits. This may mean a different cut and design to what you may be thinking off. Best of luck!! Personally I have a two piece Tiger Angel leathers and am very happy with them. Prior to that I had a dainese suit and much prefer the tigers' over it.

Cheers