Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newb says hello

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by RunningALK, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Hey,

Been lurking these forums for a bit. Got my Ls last week so thought I would register. Looking to buy a bike ASAP, a GPX 250 so I can start riding, just need to find someone to help me inspect used bikes so I make the right choice. I have no idea about bikes and dont really have a 'biker' mate who can do it for me. So it is a brave new world, hope this forum helps.

Look forward to more reading and posting.
  2. Welcome to Netrider :)
  3. Welcome to the crazy world of NR..
  4. Welcome to NR ALK.

It costs you, but if you can't get anyone to give you an idea of what a bike's like, there are people who will do the nesecary inspections. This service saved me some angst years ago when I kind of had blinkers for a VN SS Commodore many yrs ago. Within 10 mins of the test starting I told the guy to stop, as there was already too many expensive things wrong with it. Suffice to say, the VN Calais we eventually did buy is still going along just nicely, 12 yrs later :wink: .

Better to be out a couple of hundred $$$ than to be out a few thousand IMO.

Have fun looking, take your time, and test ride before you buy.
  5. Hi and welcome to NR.

Good luck with the search for a bike. And remember there is some good info posted here in the stickies about what to look out for when buying one. Even if you rely on someone else for advice it won't hurt to brush up yourself.