Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newb member

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by PugzMikey, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Hey people,

I found this site after looking for some info on getting my license and first bike (hopefully booking in for my ridersafe course in the next couple of weeks and bike early next year, finances permitting).

I have two seemingly simple questions that I can't seem to find the answer for online:
    1. How much does registration cost for a bike in SA, roughly? I'm looking at getting a 250 or 650, not sure yet.....
    2. What sort of waiting times should I expect from ridersafe courses? ie how long after booking can I go for the course?

2. Welcome PugzMikey,

Can't answer your questions but I sure some of the SA members will be along soon and they may know.
  3. Welcome to NR !

1. No idea really , my 900 was about $130 for 3 months so a lams bike should be less - check with Services SA
    2. Depends on how busy they are , I've heard can be anywhere from 4 to 12 weeks but again , best to give them a ring.
  4. Welcome mate,

1. My VTR costs around $100 a quarter...
    2. You'll have better luck getting into a weekday course usually only a couple of week wait :)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome, I'm reliably informed doing it Murray Bridge means a short wait. My gs500 is a bit over $100 a quarter.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome to NR...
  7. Thanks for the info and the warm welcomes. I can't wait to get my license and first bike. I think I'll go for the weekday course....