Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newb In The Works

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by stabwah, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Heya!

I'm going for my Learners permit next week. Been lurking on the forums for a while now and thought I better sign up sooner than later!

Still haven't gotten my own bike but super excited!

2. Welcome and good luck with the Ls test.
  3. welcome aboard good luck with the test :]
  4. Currently looking at a pair of SMX 6's and some gloves (GP Air maybe?) - any chance there will be sales after New Years' or should I just pull the trigger already?

I've heard nothing but good things about the boots and I figure they'll last a few years at least, ye?
  5. #5 Womble, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  6. I have smx6's and I'm on my second pair in 4 months. The screw that holds the angle support on the side pops out because the thread it way too small considering the flex. Apparently it is a known problem. Mine were replaced on the spot under warranty as its a known issue. Waiting for this pair to pop in another 2 months or so. Other than that they are fantastic lol
  7. Welcome Stabwah.
    Yes, generally you will see some EOFY and New Years sales at some of the sellers.
    If you have the time to wait I'd see what comes up.
  8. It's so hard to restrain from buying everything when I went to MCAS in Auburn today but I figure I should concentrate on getting a bike first (currently eyeing the CB400 off).

What else have you tried Mooney? The SIDI Cobra Airs look good at roughly the same price point.
  9. they pop because the Loctite they put on doesn't work.. too dry or just crap..

I just put a little incision in the inner material, pulled the screw out, put some permanent Loctite on, whacked it back in and good to go :)
    mine only loosened on one side, the other is fine so far.

super comfortable though! easy to walk around in and have never even thought about them while on the bike..

MCAS prices are not always that good... but good for trying on heaps of stuff and getting cheap starter gear
  10. Welcome to NR. Good luck with your motorcycle experience
  11. So just got back from my first day of the pre-learner motorcycle course and I've definitely got the bug.

The instructor called it a day just as we were starting to really feel comfortable on the CB125 that were provided. Great day all round except for the stank of the helmet :meh: