Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newb from Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by brodes, Dec 2, 2013.

1. g'day all,

I've been browsing these forums fair bit the past month but now that I've got my L's, motorbike and been riding for just over a week I thought I'd introduce myself.

A bit of riding history - I rode a trail bike about a decade ago but since then just rode bicycles. I've racked up a few k's on road and touring bikes but since picking up a bit of work here and there as a teacher I've had some dosh to explore motorcycling.

I'm now the very proud owner of a black Honda Hornet 250. It's a lovely bike with a bit of go, a bit of style and I love the noise it makes - especially in tunnels. I like camping and the outdoors so I've had a keen eye on the V-strom 650 for when I get off my restrictions.

If things fall into place I'm thinking of ending the year with a ride to Melb and back on the little Hornet, retracing some of the roads I've done on the pushy.

I'm hoping to keep sponging info from more experienced riders and hopefully meet a few of you on the road.

cheers,

brodes.

2. Welcome to fun on 2 wheels. Hope you have plenty of fun with your bike

3. Hello and welcome, the outdoors is a good fit with motorcycling, head off down an interesting looking road and see where it takes you.

4. Hey Broades, how it the hornet going? I got my L's mid Jan and picked up a 2001 silver hornet 250 just over a week ago. I tried to buy a VTR 250 twice and the sale fell through and then came across the bike i bought. I'm very happy i got it. It looks and sounds fantastic! And the revs :) I haven't had the nerve to get close to the redline yet but it's coming. I'm getting out most nights and having a ride. Done about 300kms so far so i am just starting to get the hang of things. Gonna be a life long learning experience!

5. Howdy brodes. Welcome top NR

Why don't you join the L learner sessions at homebush?

6. ^^^^+1^^^^ A great place to practice in a controlled environment!
    Oh and welcome to the forum!