Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newb from SE Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Coheed, May 31, 2012.

1. Alright, hows it going?

I'm 22 and new to riding, currently on a VTR250 and been on my Ls for 2 months but for a long time before that I've been in love with riding (it started when I played Road Rash as a kid). As the weather has been mostly crap recently a lot of my practice has involved riding in the wet. Also, for the last few weeks I've been riding up to the CBD to get a taste for busy city riding.

I was so jealous of seeing riders out there while I was stuck in my boring cage, especially when I saw with ease how they went past everyone in rush hour traffic jams.

The only thing is I don't know anyone else who rides so I find myself rather lonely out there.

2. Welcome to Netrider . you will find a number of riders on here from S/E Mel have a look at the Ride and events thread :)

Oh and some good people run a Practice session on sat mornings were you can meet new people around the same skill level .
  3. G'day bloke. SE Melb too, 2 months under my belt. Hit me up, always up for a cruise.
  4. welcome to NR..
  5. Hi mate i'm form Altona north if your live around that area i ride everyday so if your wanna riding partner every now and then just let me know... OHHH and welcome to NR :)
  6. Welcome to Netrider!. just like you i am new and doesnt have anyone to ride with me.
    If you are free try to join the Tuesday's L Plater Night Out to gain more experience..
  7. Yep, come along. There's a thread for it in the VIC section (damn, forgot to copy it again..). All skill levels go to this - new riders up to very experienced. Everyone has a really good time, and it's a good opportunity to meet plenty of new riders.

ETA: Thread here.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hi Coheed and welcome to NR
  9. Welcome to Netrider :) Showing your age talking about Road Rash :LOL:
  10. Hey chief, I too live SE. Let me know if you wanna get a ride together, I'm sure Gord will tag along and just noticed that Mainstage lives right next door, in Bwick. ;)
  11. Remember playing the original, it was released (1991) almost before they were born! :)

(Showing my age now)
  12. Thanks so much for the kind responses guys. And yes, I may take up those offers for a ride sometime.