Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newb from Northern Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Tay, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Hi all,

Popping in to say hi, got my L's late October last year, already have some riding experience uo my sleeves so getting my L's was a breeze.

Got myself a Red 2010/11 Ninja 250, need to rack up a few more posts before I can link pics.

*** UPDATED POST ****

I have a 2010/11 Ninja 250 (with the white face gauges), bought it back in Jan from a 56 year old guy who mainly rode it to the country and back, hence it had high Km's for a one year old bike (just over 7k on the dial). At first it did put me off with high km's but after finding out it's mostly highway riding. I was fine with that, knowing it hasn't been thrashed/abused, bike was like new :)

Current Mods since owning the bike:

- Carbs Shimmed
    - Air box snorkel Removed
    - K&N Air Filter
    - Kleen System Removed
    - Danmoto Slip On
    - Koso RX2 Dash with Digital Volt Meter
    - Universal gear indicator
    - Solo rear seat cowl (eBay knock off, DO NOT BUY from ebay, get OEM, very bad fittment)
    - 2-Way Pager Alarm with remote start

Here are some pics:

Photo was taken prior to relocating the gear indicator, at the centre it was hard to see while riding.

The Koso Gauge itself changes to 7 different colours, and the digital volt meter changes from Blue or Red.

Here is the 2 way pager alarm remote with remote start, product claims 5km signal but it's a lot less.
    I work on the 10th floor of a building and my bike which is parked at the front. My desk is right next to the window and my bike is just right down below, I get 2 signal bars out of the 3.
    Remote start is a gimmick, only issue is that you have to make sure you have the choke set all the way for it to start. Since I have a slip on exhaust, it's pretty loud, so after a few minutes when the bike warms up, the rev's start to climb to about 5k rpm which = Very loud. So I don't have the pleasure to wake up, remote start the bike and change into my riding gear without waking the whole neighbourhood.

2. Welcome to NR Tay.
  3. Welcome Tay, What part of Melbourne are you in?
  4. #4 ShinobiWan, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Welcome aboard. :)
  5. Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm up in Mill Park.

Lets see if I can update my first post with pics.

6. Ok, that didn't work :) Also deleted my first post.

Ahh, I didn't see the quick message that says a moderator will need to approve my post with pics.

Moderators, originally I have posted my first post with pictures, and then again in this thread, please delete the other post I have pending :)
  7. Yep you will need to wait for a mod of this section, either [MENTION=15799]hornet[/MENTION] or [MENTION=14639]smee[/MENTION]

I think it is 5 posts before you can put up images, We have a Thursday night coffee night for Northern riders if you can make your way in to Northcote. :)
  8. cj's right, your post was moderated (not by me) for too many pictures
  9. Hi Hornet,

Thanks for the heads up, yes I had 9 pics all up, lets see what happens.

Thursday's catch up, nice, I'll see if I can make it, also read your post in the VIC events session.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hi Tay and welcome to NR
  11. Welcome to NR Tay
  12. Are you
    A. Hot
    B. Gay
    C. Hung
    D. Curious
    E. All of the above