Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by yakfishar, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Hey guys was told I should introduce myself so here I am.

I'm 26 years old and live just north of Sydney on the Central Coast. I have zero motorcycle experience aside from riding pillion twice, but have always wanted to give it a go.

No bike yet, joined the forum to do a bit of research and gain some opinions from some experienced motorcyclists before I take the plunge and buy my first bike.

Cheers, yakfishar

2. You have the word 'fish' in your nick, Smileebloke will be all over you like a rash.
    Welcome.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. #3 cjvfr, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    Welcome yakfishar, hopefully you will stay and contribute to the forum rather than just use it for initial research. Lots of good threads in the New Riders Sub Forum on cornering and braking, well worth a read.

You live in a great bike riding area, check the NSW Saturday practice thread as they often run learner rides though your area you may be able to tag on to one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. haha, cheers mate

Thanks mate, didn't mean it to read like I was using the forum for information without sticking around and contributing. Would love to contribute when/where I can, forum seems great.

Have been working my way through the stickies in the new riders forum loads of great information that's going to take some digesting.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Welcome to NR!

6. Hello and welcome to NR :)

7. Welcome.....

8. Welcome -pillion is nice but seize the day and take control-if I can do it anyone can- some nice rides up around the CC:troll:

9. Welcome, come for a read and yak often

10. Welcome to NR from Adelaide. New here as well but we have lot of new riders. So lots of talk of their experiences and what bike they want and why.

11. Welcome to NetRider - just wait til you get your hands on your first bike....
    Do you know what style you're looking at?

12. Cheers guys for all the replies.
    In terms of style I'm drawn to the road/sports bikes.

For my first bike im thinking Something low and easy to get on with while I build confidence, maybe naked because I keep hearing that I will drop it and naked hurts the pocket a bit less when you do.

13. welcome aboard:]

14. Welcome mate!

15. Only hurts if you get it repaired =]
    Quite a few sports bikes around, got anything in mind so far?