Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Z300 Coming My Way

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Mezzo, Aug 17, 2015.

1. I just put a deposit down on a black Z300. It's getting an Arrow slip on, Oggy knobs and R&G tail tidy fitted and I'm picking it up on Saturday. As a 48 year old on my L's for the first time, I don't think I've ever been more excited :)

Quick question for you guys...

Whilst I'm getting the dealer to throw in as many extras as I can for bugger all, is there anything else I should be getting? I read that silicon spray, lube, grease or such, for basic home maintenance of the chain, is a good idea. Am I forgetting something else? Alarm maybe? I already have ATG.

• Like Like x 2
  2. What the heck...get them to chuck in a can of chain lube and a tank protector. If you can get them to spring for heated grips, that's always good too.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. See if you can get them to throw in another z300
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Tank protector, yes. How did I forget that? I think heated grips might be pushing the friendship a bit, though. I've already twisted their arm getting the pipe and other stuff really cheap.

That'd be awesome :)
  5. If I remember correctly, I got the grips but they wouldn't install them. I was ok with that.
  6. Are they difficult to install? I saw a set at Moto Hub on sale for $99.
  7. I guess it depends on the type. I have Oxfords. I didn't install them myself, streetmasterstreetmaster did the job (he's a motorcycle mechanic and a close friend). He installs them a little differently than the general instructions tho; he uses a relay and wires them in such a way as that they will DEFINITELY turn off when the bike is off.

Also depends on your skills with a spanner I guess....I admit I have none.
  8. Thanks champ. I'll see if I can twist their arm a bit further :)
  9. Make sure you get the stock exhaust to take home u may need it in the future
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Maybe a rear stand helps alot with maintenance. Congrats on ur new wheels-carnt beat that new bike smell!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thanks guys. Some great advice. Sorry for the noob questions:)
  12. Love those bikes, don't forget to put a pic up.
  13. Bugger, another z300 with a pipe, another bugger waking me up in the morning.

All the best with your new wheels.
  14. I passed my test 1 month ago, I've looked plenty online and I also like the Z300, but love the lime green colour. Where did you purchase yours from??
  15. - I'll put up a pic as soon as I get it.
    - Believe it or not, the exhaust was not about any performance gain or even the looks. My days as a boy racer are long past me. It was added purely as a passive safety feature. The look of the exhaust over the standard one, is just a bonus. On the other hand, the tail tidy was purely about the looks :)
    - I've decided against the Oggy Knobs. My thinking was that the likelihood of me dropping it in the garage is pretty remote, but if I come off at speed, the Oggyies are likely to cause the bike more damage, than preventing it.
    - I'm getting my black Z300 from Bikebiz at Granville. Pricing still depends on what other accessories I can get from them thrown in, or for cheap, but at the moment with exhaust, tail tidy, rim tape and delivery, it's $7000 neat.
  16. #16 Ned, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    Congrats on the purchase. 7k seems reasonable for what you're getting. You might want to also consider a radiator guard, especially if you plan on doing open road stuff. Here's one I fitted earlier:
    z300 rad.
    • Agree Agree x 1