Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New VFR1000....blackbirds replacement???

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by gc33, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Could this be the replacement for the blackbird? AMCN shows a 1000cc v configiration bike with a split frame. Apparently for 2009 which according to a honda rep was when the blackbird replacement is due.
    The "new VFR1000" may be a V5 mgp style engine too. Unfortuanetly it would seem that honda will persist with Vtec on the engine.
    Personally I hope it isnt the replacement as I would like the bird to be a 12 or 1300cc bike.

I apologise for the pic quality but if you want to read more check out the latest AMCN

2. That won't be until at least 2009, not 2008 as the article says, Honda has started releasing its 2008 models, which includes the VFR800
  3. Well unless I've done a Rip van Winkle it's still 2007, despite those '2008 models' appearing, so there's really nothing to stop this model being released in 2008.
  4. damn..... i think triumph are going to lose me unless they release a new 1050 daytona. I want a"new" virgin bike for next year and this may be it..
  5. From VSMR

6. I highly doubt it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.