Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New user to the forums

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by svengali, Jan 19, 2016.

1. hello all.

thought id just drop past and introduce myself as a new member of the forums.

my names zach and im 27 years old. ive been riding motorbikes since i was about 5 and tinkering with various petrol powered devices every since. i got my motorbike licence at 19 or so and road around for a few years but alas family commitments (having a child) put me off the road.

anyway ive recently had more free time and started to tackle a project ive had sitting in my garage the last 2 years, a 1985 GSX1100EF which ill be posting a build log of in the projects section as soon as i have time.

looking foward to both learning some new things and teaching some things.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Welcome svengalisvengali
    Enjoy the rebuild of the GSX and the maiden ride.
    Look forward to the piccies :)

3. hopefully i will enjoy the rebuild!

i know ill deffinately enjoy the first legal ride... ive taken a few quick rides around the block on it and im a bit concerned about how my licence status will hold up haha.

4. Welcome to the site. It will be interesting to watch your project. (y)

5. Welcome man.

6. ive dropped a post in the project section that ill be updating with the build once ive cleared the 48 hour 2 like hurdle for being able to post pictures, so unfortunately it doesnt contain much at this stage. stay tuned though!

7. Welcome mate. You've got 2 likes now.

8.  Top
  9. Welcome to NR....

Looking forward to the project report and pictures...

;)

10. welcome aboard :)

11. Hello Jack, or svengali. As an aircraft engineer, there's not a whole lot I can tell you about an old G-sex. Most of mine were '80, or before '83 anyway. The last one was an 1134 EFE with a head and cams off a 1000 Katana, and a heavy duty clutch. It was in an after market frame, a Brisbane made replica of a Harris Magnum. That was about '86, it was a while ago... I also have a passion for flying, but absolutely no qualification and precious little experience. (ie, I have opinions but don't really know what I'm talking about. That doesn't stop me talking, it just means I'm usually wrong...)

12. Howdy & Welcome to NR!