Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New User giving a shout out!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Physicist, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Greetings all,

This is my first time on the Netrider forums as I was directed (pushed) here by my father in search of insite and information.

I am an Australian living in New Zealand and am interested in any information anyone may know in relation to obtaining a motorcycle license in New Zealand as well as beginners bike options.

"Choice Aye Bro" :grin: :shock:

2. welcome to the boards, :grin:
    you'll find the answer to many questions here

3. Kiora Bro :)

Might see if we can get you a sheepskin neckwarmer ey? :LOL:

4. Welcome :)
    You have to be 15yo. Firstly you must pass a basic riding test at a local training school, then take you pass forms to a licensing agent and pay the fee, complete some forms, and pass a written theory test. Your bike must be under 250cc, you can do a max 70km/h, and not ride between 10pm and 5am.
    Full info at http://www.ltsa.govt.nz/licensing/motorcycle/

5. Hey man, welcome to the forum :)

6. Gday and welcome to the site

Cheers :cool:

7. Kiora,
    I am a Kiwi living in Auzzie land :), no idea on the licence laws over there for motobikes as I got mine over here, I am sure you should be able to look it up over there just the same as your drivers licence I woulda thought, sorry not much help.
    Welcome to netrider and safe riding :).

8.  Top
  9. That's your own stupid fault. :grin:

Seriously though welcome to the forum. There is heaps of info on here to get you on your way.

10. Welcome aboard physicist

Good luck in understanding the kiwi accent :LOL: