Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New tyres

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Debsta, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Hi guys, what can I expect for a new set of tyres, cbr250rr? Thx

2. new can cost bout $120 front, $150 rear for your basic tyres... I usually go to the wreckers and get tyres with 80% tread for $120 set. Jut make sure your tyres match - brand and model... They dont have to, but your bike will handle alot better. The best thing to improve a CBR250rr is good tyres (michelin pilot are great) and good suspension setup.
  3. Im using dunlop arrowmax at the moment and they are great. Cost me $280 fitted for the pair.
  4. you dont need new tyres Debsta you have plenty of tread on those things
  5. it all depends on what tyre you get. u do alot of commuting or hill rides and track days? this will give us an idea what you should get.
  6. Thx guys! :)

I only use it as a weekender and I just saw a slash on the back tyre the other day. It hasnt gone flat yet though... :?
  7. which arrowmax's GT301 or GT501.
  8. dont skimp on tyres,buy decent brand name.cheapest insurance keeping the bike up
  9. Opps it was about 250, just looked at the receipt. Its a GT401F on the front and a GT501 on the rear.

which arrowmax's GT301 or GT501.[/quote]
  10. Thx guys, I'll go and check it out.