Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New tyres on VTR250

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Shortie, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Hi Everyone..

Is $310 (fitted price) good price for set of pirelli sport demon on VTR250? (seems reasonable to me) but if you know any place that does it cheaper in sydney area I'd like to hear about it.

After my recent group ride I thought it'd be a good idea to get some new shoes for my bike as some people mistakenly thought I had off road tyres on :)
  2. I got a rear Dunlop Arrowmax GT501 fitted for $140. If I remember correctly, the Sport Demons are a slightly grippier tyre with a sportier tread pattern, so $310 doesn't sound too bad for both fitted :)
  3. back 4 years I had gpr70s fitted for 310. Not sure what tyres cost now.

Do get good tyres, you'll be more confident in your safety on the roads.
  4. The GPR70's are now called GPR ALPHA-10's and are the grippiest tyre on the market for a street 2-fiddy.
  5. Probably also the fastest wearing, most expensive tyre for a 250. They seem to find and embed every little stone on the road too.....

A10s are great though and crap all over Arrowmaxes from a very great height

Horses for courses, but if you're even mildly interested in throwing the thing around corners, I wouldn't recommend Arrowmaxes....
  6. Thanks everyone... I think I'll just stick with the sport demons. They seem to offer a good balance between longevity and performance.
  7. thats a good price...
  8. I have those Pirelli's on my CBR. They cost me $120 for the front and $150 for the rear, so $270 all up.

Maybe you should look around at a few more tyre places.

They are resonable tires in terms of the balance between grip and longevity.