Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New tyres for Ninja 650RL

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' at netrider.net.au started by drjay555, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Hi everyone
    any ideas about replacement tyres for the NINJA 650R? My first set probably has a couple of 1000ks left and I thought I better start looking. thanks for any input and advice. I do a fair amount of country riding (7000ks in 6 months) , a mix of both flat and mountain twisties. The original set is wearing a bit flat in the centre!?

2. Dunlop Qualifier Q2 if you can get em in ur size..

3. was checking it out on eBay . Are these the ones listed as Dunlop Sportmax Q2?
    Any views on Pirelli Diablo? Its funny when I was looking at bikes on eBay I found a lot of bike owners had changed tyres to other brands.

4. Yep Sportmax Q2..

A lot of people like Pirelli's, my personal opinion is that they are really good under specific circumstances. ie dry/warm road. However they struggle to gain heat and grip in the wet or cold conditions. Previous Supercorsa's I've had start to suffer after a number of heat cycles, and thier life has been a little short for my liking.

I've found the Q2's last longer, better grip in wet&cold, warm quicker, and better feel (let go more gradually).

This is just my personal opinion..