Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Tyre Choice?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by TheSav, May 12, 2008.

1. G'day All

I think I might be opening a can of worms here, but here goes!

I've researched what to get as my next set of tyres and would like some (firsthand) reviews/opinions.

Currently, on my GSXR 750, I'm running Bridgestone BT002's. Some people say they don't like them but I have found them to be superb. Extreme grip at all angles and they are just oh so sticky. (Terrible in the wet though)

I would jump at another set but I'm planning a trip to Brisbane and back via the twistiest and most scenic roads I can find. The BT002's are obviously not the choice for a trip like this and I'd also like a tyre that performs in the wet as I don't want to dawdle along just cos it's raining.

I've been thinking of getting a set of the new Bridgestone BT016's. Anyone tried them yet? I hate being a guinea pig. Next option are Michelin Pilots 2ct's.

I'm after something sporty but with a little more longevity.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of somewhere I can pick up a super cheap pair of anything sports orientated I would be happy to chew up a pair on my trip.

(BTW I'm in Sydney)
  2. Read a good review on the BT016s in Two Wheels. If it was me though, I'd be going Pilot Powers or Pilot Road 2s. But I'm one of those weird people who can get 14,000km out of a Pilot Power rear. :p
  3. Teach me the ways of the force??!
  4. +1, but given the riding you're planning I'd go for the PR2.
  5. PR2's.

PP front / PR2 rear, and raise the rear a millimeter or two to account for the slight difference in tyre profiles... or not, it wont make that much difference... well, that's my 9R set up.

...at this point I should say, I know very very little about other tyres - been a Michelin fan. My mate Z900 absolutely swears by the Metzler M3's on his 9R...

...What was that about a
  6. #6 Dougz, May 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  7. Hey Dougz! ... got your ph mesg just a little while ago... :) Thought it'd be impolite to call this late. :) You have a good voice for radio you know?!

Anyway, mesg received. :)

Dunflops roadsmarts you reckon. I've heard stuff about the Diablos... they're the collingwood tyre... either loved or hated. Meh... I'm not good enough to get to the limits to know either way! LOL
  8. Fixed :LOL: I used to a bit of voiceover work a long time ago...

and re: message - Grouse :) Just posted in the ride thread anyway ;)

After using the GRPA-10's on the 2fiddy I'd back dunlops anyday. Those tyres were simply amazing!

Are you talking about Diablo's or Diablo Rosso's? The Rosso's are supposed to have a 10% (could be wrong - probably am) greater contact patch than the Diablo's. *shrug*