Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Triumph Street Triple R - dealer hagle

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by raging, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Hello,

I'm looking at purchasing a new triumph street triple R in Sydney. I will also be getting a couple of accessories (rrp of $160). When I rang around the dealers, the over the phone price quoted was 15,100 - 15,200.

The question is what would be a ok price after the haggle? How much should I expect the price to come down to? Basically, I don't want to get ripped off.

Cheers,

raging

2. Depends on the dealer/staff you haggle with. I haggled just for the standard version and managed to get Rego etc included in the ride away price, never brought it but as I chose not to finance. Try and talk to the manager or owner as they have more swing then regular staff

3. Good luck i had heard that where a triumph is concerned the haggle room is quite small,but no harm in asking

4. A good price is one your happy with.

• Like Like x 1
  5. not a bike you can really haggle for, because generally demand exceeds supply. or at least, not likely to be sitting on the showroom floor for very long.
    just buy it before someone else does.

6. To give you an idea ,i got mine for 15k with the visor kit, grab rail and rear guard.. about $800 worth. You can ALWAYS negotiate a price, if they won't do it try interstate, you will be suprised . Great choice by the way..

7. The trouble with popular bikes is that they know they've got you over a barrel.

No matter what you are buying you need to be prepared to walk away if the price doesn't suit you - value is different for everyone, I'd only be prepared to pay 10k for it, I'm not riding anywhere with those lights. :)

The street triple is pretty good and I'm not sure of your search up to this point but don't be afraid to keep your options open and let them know there are other bikes you have your eye on. Let them at least feel they need to sell you the bike rather than going in with a too big grin and knowing that you are going to pay list or close to.

8. Ring dealers around and ask what's their best price and if you find any dealer cheaper than other, then call the other and ask them if they can beat that.
    That's what I did for my '10 Z750 and ended up getting it for $11000 (RRP $12499) ride away from my local dealer including two helmets and two pairs of gloves.

9. Thanks for your input. Sounds like there is a bit of variation between manufacturers in the ability to discount, with triumph being in the leaner side.

I phoned a dealer today (not my preferred, I'll go to them last) and they said they could go 15,000 ride away with the accessories. As 15k is the budget, I'm ok with that, I just dont want to be the chump that spends 15k while everyone else is paying 14k for the same thing.

I think I'll try my prefered dealer next and see if they can beat it through price or add something extra (not sure what I need though)

Cheers,

Raging

10. Original headlights

11. Lol, I can't even get a black street triple R with black wheels, they only come in gold.

12. Can you get original headlights for them? Love the bike, but the lights are awful.

13. They really seem to polarize opinion.

I like the new lights. the old ones were a little too bug-eyed for me.
    And the lines tie in really well with the flyscreen

But there' doesn't seem to be anyone who says "Meh, they're alright"
    People seem to either like them or hate them.

14. I have to say I'm with you Damo on this... I thought the originals were too bug eyed and really like the new style lights.

15. Yep, I agree. The new ones are a huge improvement.

16. Dunno... maybe it's just the bits they sit on that look a bit..hmm..flimsy??

Not sure what it is I don't like, but maybe they'll grow on me.

17. I reckon the new lights look a bit awkward; they don't quite fit with the lines of the bike OR be all up-front and brash different like the round ones. It's like they compromised when they really should've just gone one way or the other.

18. the new lights look like some one stole your front fairing or something. if your bike is going to be naked it needs to have round headlights/light.

19. True,
    IMO The round lights ARE Triumph. Speed triple,Street triple,Speed4 .. Pure naked style born many years ago. For me ,the new lights are the the death of Old school Triumph style. R.I.P

20. "Meh, they're alright"
    there, i said it;)