Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New toy, k8 GSF 1250s

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by pro-pilot, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Well, almost two days and 500km later, all I can say is that I am in love! I commenced a search for an aggressive sports tourer that would give me a blend of R1 power, and the positioning and comfort of long-range tourer. Here it is!

aV2Deuj0.

So far the best aspect of this monster is the way it soaks up the worst conditions a road can deliver, without jarring your wrists or sending you airborne! Also the lean angles (once the tires were scrubbed in) are fantastic, knee downs are not a problem.

I have been riding in SA around the hills and down southwest, hitting the bumpiest roads with a smile on my face.
    The R1 has some explaining to do!![/img]

One thing is for sure, every one of its 1250cc's is worth it especially when overtaking, climbing up steep hills and lazy roll on's from 20kph to 100kph in fourth gear.

If you have one, I can now understand the allegiance! If not, its one of those bikes you just have to test ride!!

2. Very cool, pp. Nice bike, nice choice.

3. It's 225kg :shock: ,it would be like riding a cow as you posted in a picture.

What happened to ..,bikes are about enjoyment ,there not for being pratical. I"Y"HO.
    And you thought my bike was one of the most boring bikes you have ever seen ,like a toyata corrolla .ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    This bike is 95% the same in looks ,besides the fairing. :LOL:

Hey but as you say ,what ever floats ya boat! :LOL:

4. The biggest issue that I can see with this bike its weight! At nearly 240kg wet, this becomes somewhat of a liability, especially in terms of corners and braking. Also the fact its a 1250cc not a 650cc bike.

5. I'm loving these things, looks like a good real world muscle bike. Peak torque at 3700rpm? Hell yeah baby! :cool:

6. Sydryd, my friend: have you looked up the weight on your bike? 240 kg wet!

(it's possible I missed a very subtle sarcastic post)

7. ...davesta, don't forget power exceeding the peak power of, say, a TRX850 from 3 grand!

8.  Top
  9. Ah, thanx (worl, at least the parentheses saved me from complete em-bare-arse-ment)

Nice work Mr 99 ;)

10. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Absolute gold

11. haha dude, one of those prob makes more power at idle then my poor trx at peak!

12. Cornering is not a problem, the low CofG is great at flicking it about. On the braking, one does need to use the engine with the brakes to slow this truck down.

I had a case yesterday where a car pulled out on me about 100m ahead whilst at 100kph (slowing down takes a lot more than two fingers on the brake like a race bike! :shock: ).