Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Top End Member

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Scottwheels, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Hi All, just thought I'd do the intro thing. I only discovered this forum recently, but I've been riding for about 5 years now. It's geat when a bunch of like minded people can get together online - forums like these are great.

Not too much to say at present, there is wayyy too much information here to read in one sitting (or several for that matter), so I'll probably just lurk around sponging of other people's posts, and who knows, I might even have a question or opinion that I can post myself (work permitting!!)

So anyway, if there's any other members up the Darwin way, drop me a PM, I'm new to the area and always on the lookout for a ride buddy for those beautiful dry season days. Pity there's no hills around! Go easy on me though, my 1st bike was a 250 Virago and my second was a 110 postie pike supplied by the mine. Then they binned 'em all and I was bikeless for a couple of years, so now I have to get used to the power of the ZR750!

Other interests are tropical gardening and discus (the fish, not the sport), and of course the other Territory pursuits of 4WDing/camping/fishing/drinking. Yes I own a 4WD but I take the missus and kids bush, and being a rider I am always drive to leave room for riders to split/merge/pass with nod and a wave. If everyone rode bikes at some stage in their lives, the road would be a safer place, don't you think?

Cheers everyone, and stay upright.

2. I second that
  3. someone once told me that eveyone should ride a bike before they can drive

it will never happen, but the guy had a very good point!
  4. Welcome!

I agree. people SHOULD ride before they drive, but it will never be implemented.
  5. Welcome.

And that is one bloody big fish!
  6. Welcome Scott

he's all yours girls :bolt:
  7. G'day Scott & welcome :)

Bewdy, another Top Ender. We might get the Darwin Netrider chapter going yet! :p

8. I have a mate who drives an 18 wheeler and he says the same - people should be forced to ride the bike and drive a truck for a while before they get into cars. People cut him off just before lights all the time, not realising how long his stopping distance actually his.

Anyway, welcome Scott :)
  9. Gday mate and welcome to the site

Cheers :cool:
  10. Welcome Scottwheels

:roll: & just what are you impling there matt , or arnt you back on terrafirma yet? :p