Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to this forum

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by PeterWG, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Hi All,
    I am a long time rider (since I was 16 - 41 years now) but new to this forum. My latest bike is a KLR 650 that I am setting up as a commuter. I like the high riding position and the quick response down low.
    Am new to the ACT so will be looking for a decent shop to get tyres etc. Any ideas?

2. Hey there, welcome to NR. While I can't say 100% for-sure kinda thing, the Canberra Motorcycle Centre or Joe's Motorcycles would probably be your best places to go - they're the only bike shops in Canberra as far as I know. Both are in Fyshwick. Joe's is having a sale this coming weekend too, so you should definitely check them out anyway.

If you haven't yet, I recommend checking out CanberraRiders too, as it's our local riding forum. Many people are members of both CR and NR. You'll know about many more events that way. Hope that's a little bit of a help.

3. Welcome to the forum mate!

4. Gday Pete welcome to Netrider you got a good machine there, lot of mature guys here in Melbourne ride the Klrs, was considering one myself a while back. Have you done any mods to derestrict it and plug the 2 holes in the carby slide

5. welcome aboard:]

6. Hello Peter and welcome