Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to the world of road riding - MT 07

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Mavo, Mar 17, 2015.

1. So I have finally bought myself a road bike it's been years in anticipation. I purchased the 2015 MT 07 around 4 weeks ago and have already clocked up 2000km. I can't get enough riding in it's bloody addictive stuff!!
    The MT 07 is an amazing all rounder bike with plenty of mid range torque and great handling for the novice rider. I think the most attractive thing about the bike is the geometry and the option to sit back and relax of pull yourself forward and really lay it down around the corners. I hit the great ocean road on the weekend and it was amazing around the sweeping turns. The cons are the OEM exhaust and the revision mirrors which I can only see my elbows through (I have ordered extenders).
    I have already installed a Akro carbon exhaust which I have done quite a bit of research on but can't seem to find a clear indication of whether or not I need remapping. I know that the titanium one doesn't need it but I'm not sure about the carbon, it seems to go alright with out any problems.

Hopefully planning a big trip around Tassie ..Anyone got and good tips for a Tassie trip ??

2. Welcome to NR MavoMavo. The MT 07 is a popular bike on the forums, i'm sure there will be someone here who can provide the answers you seek.

3. I' pretty sure akrapovic build their pipes to be bolt on replacements, no mapping required.

4. Welcome to NR...

5. Yea that's what I thought but its a little hard to comprehend when the carbon pipe is straight through..Maybe that's what the loop in the pipe is for..

Damn it sounds good thou !!

Cheers for the response !

6. You also hav the O2 sensor which allows the bike to adjust the mixture itself.

7. welcome aboard :]

8. Welcome to the forum mate!

9. Thanks Guy's, really excited to get out on the road and do some long rides ! Has anyone done the advanced training at California super bike school ? Wouldn't mind get some hints off experienced riders but also wouldn't mind going for a spin around the GP track at the island.

10. Senator17Senator17 did the first CSS course a few weeks back and did a small review of his experience. Do a search for CSS or look at what he's posted. Well worth it.