Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to the streets of Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by EllNEss, May 3, 2014.

1. Hey guys! Another ignorant 23 year old learner rider has joined your ranks, and looking to rob knowledge from you all about anything and everything..at the moment, Melbourne stores and rides are what I'm searching for. About to pick up a '99 VTR250 and in need of full gear. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

2. Welcome!

What area are you in?

AMX is good for gear - as is Bikersgear.

Peter Stevens probably has the biggest selection - good for a browse to see what you want. They have a huge selection of helmets too - so you can find the one that suits your bonce.

Finally, when you get your wheels, Saturday Practice is the place to be.
  3. Welcome mate and as mexiwi said checkout AMX bikersgear & PS for gear
  4. I'm about to (when I get off my arse) advertise my RST Ventilator III which is a great, all round first jacket.
  5. Welcome to Nutrider!
  6. thanks for the responses people, off to check amx today... heard about these saturday sessions, where'd you recommend?
    @Victriple@Victriple how much and what size??
  7. Hello and welcome! You're very lucky to have the Saturday practice sessions in Melbourne, I wish we had them in Brisbane they sound very worthwhile to new riders. I'm sure I'd have gone along for my first few months to force some regular practice in. Hope you make some awesome new NR mates there too! :)