Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to the forum

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Gazzr1100, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Hi peeps. A big G'day to you all. After reading some posts on here, I just had to join up. Pre-empting a tad, but I reckon I might just fit in here quite well. It's amazing what you can gleen off peoples posts, and the vibe i'm getting from here feels real good :wink: .

My name's Gary, i'm pushing 50, married with 6 kids, 3 of which are fosterchildren and am trying(finance companies aren't seeing things my way, just yet) to get back into motorcycling after a 10 yr+ hiatus.

Bikes i've owned are Yamaha XS 250(don't hold it against me), Kwaka GPX600, and, the one I miss the most, my '94 ZZR1100:
    Yes, I am having some issues on letting this one go, even after 10 yrs.

What's brought me to this decision to re-enter the MC fray I hear you ask? Ok, maybe you didn't, but you know i'm gonna tell you anyway.

During the ownership of those bikes I had no like minded souls to ride with, but that has changed. My son has been nagging at me for a few yrs now about buying a bike, and i've kinda put him off a bit until he's had a bit more experience behind the wheel of a car. That said, I recently found out that my wife's niece's husband had ordered a Honda RVF400.

After my son nagging me again, I thought, well, what the f#@!, i'll take him to the Melbourne MC Exhibition. We thought it was great, but then we hadn't been to previous ones.

Well, my son is now the proud owner of a LAMS spec Hyosung GT650S, and you can't wipe the smile of his face:

As for me, other than Suzuki's TLR1000, there hasn't been anything released in the past 10+ yrs that really grabbed my attention. That all changed at the MC Exhibition. Enter, Yamaha's MT-01 . What can I say? It was lust at first sight :grin: . Looks like it's not going to happen until this time next yr thanx to the money launderers......er.....lenders, but that's another story. In the meantime, i'll just save my butt off, and see what happens. Fingers crossed .

Anyways, I look forward to chewing the fat with everyone here :wink: .

Cheers, Gazzr

BTW: What's the saying? If all else fails, read the instructions first, or in this case, the T's and C's. Excess emoticons deleted :wink: :p
  2. You think you're getting TWO welcomes?? What a cheek! These old guys, you just can't keep up with them, you know :LOL:

Welcome to Netrider, oh returning-to-the-fold rider. Sit down, put your feet up, enjoy :).
  3. Welcome Aboard mate !!!

:LOL: Paul
  4. welcome aboard Gazzr1100.

i hope you get your bike soon there will always be a bike waiting just for you:)

take it easy

5. Thanx peeps :wink: . Gonna be a looooooong wait :cry: .

Can't wait to wrap my legs around a nasty b!tch and give her EFI a tweek or 3 :grin:.