Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to the forum

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by barts, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Hi, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the forum.

I'm new to bikes (just got my learners this week), but have been looking and reading posts on the forum, and just wanted to say how great I thought all the information was.

One of the hardest things about getting into bikes and riding is that I don't know anything about them. It's not something that I grew up with, and after I had a fall in a paddock when I was 13 (the bike was way too big for me to ride - my feet couldn't even touch the ground) I wasn't really interested in bikes until recently (now 29), so your info really has helped.

So thanks again,
    Chris

2. Welcome Chris, hope you enjoy riding and the forums.

3. Welcome Chris, enjoy, there is lots to be learnt here. :)

4. Yiasooooooo Chris :grin:

Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

5. Thanks Jim

6. Welcome Chris :)

Even if you fall off on the forum, it generally doesn't hurt

7. Welcome Bart :butt:

8. Thanks guys - I just hope you're just as friendly when I say something stupid!

9. Dont feel bad Bart, Im one of new rider as well, only had my license 6 months ago and Im still learning on the road, still scared to go between cars like other bikers do. I do it every now and then when I feel confident.

I'd suggest you visit www.atsb.gov.au and purchase yourself a "ride on" DVD. This DVD shows you safety tips on how survive the ride on the road and what to look out for.
    I find it very helpful and keep your mind always on alert when riding.

Rickster

10. Hi Chris :grin:
    i'm new too!

11. hi Chris, welcome

I'm sure the forum will be able to help. I've learnt heeps myself just poking around. I do hope you enjoy it.

Tom

12. Welcome to Netrider, Barts!

I've been out for the same time! However, I've been lucky enough to get out on my bike every day to practise practise practise... So I'm one of the lunatics lane splitting everything :twisted: Of course, we all have weaknesses. I've only just started doing twisties - was too scared before. Netriders introduced me to them, taught me some techniques, and now I'm even loving twisties. Join in with the guys here and your skills improve to no end.

There's also the free RideSmart CD-ROM put out by TAC. It's an interactive learning thing to do on your computer. It's a few hours of extremely valuable training that's focused on getting your road sense up to speed for being on a bike.
    http://www.tacsafety.com.au/jsp/ridesmart/order.do?areaID=1&tierID=2&navID=15