Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to the forum

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by sparkie87, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Hey Guys

New to the forums, I am looking at getting onto the road scene but looking for advice.

Abit about me:
    I have been riding dirt since i was 18 but on mates farms when i was 16, I am now 23 and looking for advice on roadbikes what gear all that etc.
    Also none of my mates ride road so i don't have someone for exact advice and maybe getting used to the road culture.
    It will not be a commute to work and back as i need to transport tools materials etc everyday, it will be a fun in the afternoon/weekend rides if I can get within a good group of riders.

The question I have is what bike would be ok?
    I have ridden small/medium 2-strokes before and the wr450's etc on fairly twisty trails, mud, dust, hills and on long 2 day enduro trips before.
    I have been given that doom and gloom talk about litre bikes before.
    I really like the look of the gsxr-r600 and the feel of just sitting on it without riding.

Any advise is great whether you think i will like it or not
  2. + 1 to the Gixxer. ;)

Have you got your unrestricted licence yet? If you're just starting out you'll be restricted to LAM's bikes until you're through the learning phase. There should be a list of learner bikes available on the RTA site pertaining to your state and there's about 10,00000000 threads here on the forum dedicated to choosing the 'right' LAM's bike. :D
  3. Hey Sheepy thanks for the reply

Yes to being on my unrestricted licence.
  4. Hi and welcome to NR.
  5. hi nath, any road bike will feel fat and heavy compared to the dirtbikes. but its still good fun.