Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

new to the bike world

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by lord_Davros, Jun 12, 2006.

1. hi everyone.
    i am new to the world of bikes as i have only driven cars for the last 8 years. i just have a few questions..
    i just bought a kr250 and need to get my l's (in sa) and just wondering how long it takes and approx how much?.
    and i know this is going to sound totally stupid but whats the best way to get your confidence up on a bike? ie; city runs or keep in on the outskirts and country until you are confident?

2. Hi there,

Visit http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/licences_certification/drivers/applying_for_learners.asp for your licence query.

To get confidence on the bike: search the forum for similar questions, ride often and in all conditions, ride around your streets, then suburb, then area, then go further, don't try and keep up with the front-markers on a group ride and simply relax. I'm sure others will add more ideas.

Oh yeah, welcome to here!