Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to Sydney :)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Anka, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Hey all,
    I'm a total newbie... new to the forum, new to Sydney, new to Oz, new to motorbikes... But loving it all so far!
    Just did my L's last week, and while I did pretty horribly on the first day (including stalling it a few thousand times and dropping the bike and myself in the first turn), I managed pretty well on the second day and loved it!
    Can't wait to get out and going, just looking for the right bike (https://netrider.net.au/threads/which-one.193444/#post-2761975) and some more practise and confidence...

Excited about and looking forward to hopefully soon becoming part of the Sydney motorcycling crew!

Anka :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well good on you and welcome aboard.

3. Welcome to Netrider. May the force be with you!

4. Welcome...

5. Welcome Anka, what nationality is that name from? or do you want me to talk about your fish :)
    (netrider joke)

6. Welcome. Some of the guys hold learner training sessions at Homebush each week, I'm too lazy to find and link the thread but its easy to search for it.

7. :]welcome aboard

8. Welcome to Nutrider! :wacky:

9. Hi all, thanks so much! So happy about my bike, did the first 100 km on her and it went pretty well, I think...
    And signed up for the Sydney Learner training session, really looking forward to it! :)

I'm German, but it's actually a nickname from Slovakia :) what's that thing about the fish???

10. so funny.... a guy who newly joins gets a couple of welcome comments...A girl gets a few then more then a few more....

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. More than a 2 line intro helps as well :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. lol!

13. We enjoy female company around here. In fact, we enjoy female company so much that we stopped practicing one of our traditions, passed down to us from the motorcycling gods themselves, from before time existed, from before kittens existed... The tradition of... Asking the n00b ladies if they're hot... We also stopped asking the n00b men if they're hot, but that's beside the point! :wacky:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. From before kittens existed??
    Lol... Well, I bought a new motorcycle jacket today, and was certainly getting hot on the way home - it's inner lining is meant for winter rather than warmer days.. :p

15. Every time you ride a motorcycle, a kitten is sacrificed to the motorcycling gods. The more rev-headed the ride, and the more corners that are conquered, the greater the number of kittens that are sacrificed, and the more pleased the motorcycling gods will be. So... Now you know the meaning of our prayer of devotion to the motorcycling gods: "We went for a ride. Kittens were sacrificed."

Oh, and while I think of it... You passed the "hot" test with a score of 100%, without even being asked! Congratulations! At this rate, you'll be the High Priestess of the motorcycling gods in no time! :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. OK @Strat@Strat. I know I'm risking being thread-banned by @hornet@hornet, but if it makes you feel better, I'll ask you "the 'hot' question," but only if you ask really nicely. :) And no, I'm not gay. Although some around here would have you believe that my wife and baby daughter are figments of my imagination, conjured up as excuses to chicken out from riding... :wacky:

17. lol...whats ur question?

18. No 1 has stopped anyone from asking the "are you hot" question, the idea was to stop the other nasty stuff that goes with it, read the thread properly next time

19. I was going to debate it, but I won't. I'll simply not ask "the question" unless either: the recipient has requested it, or; they're known to be the type of person who will take it in the light-hearted silly manner in which it's intended. (y)

Just in case anyone was wondering, no I'm not hot. Because of musculo-skeletal issues, I haven't been riding as much as I'd like, and the car has air conditioning. :D

20. #20 Anka, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
    Oooooh... But I like kittens!! And I like my bike too! What a dilemma!!

Hahaha, being the High Priestess of the Motorcycling Gods sounds great, but I'm afraid I'll probably secretly safe all the kittens I am supposed to sacrifice... My place will be a kitten orphanage!! =D

Now that I've learnt about the kittens, what's the deal with the fish?? ;)