Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by POMMEYBIKER, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Just picked up my L plates and snagged a nice new little CB400 Revo. I used to ride in the UK and had some nice roads and space to play (Bit cramped in Sydney and I dont know many bike routes yet). I was on my L plates in England, and rode a few 125's for 3 years. I let it expire and redid it. When it came to doing my full again I moved to Sydney! So this is like the 3rd time on L plates hahaha. Anyway, I dont hoon it, but I do have 3 years of "no accident" (touch wood) experience and fancy myself as a good rider.

I am looking for riding groups that form up on weekends or week nights in the Sydney area. I live 8mins ride from Newtown. Please point me in the right direction! Cheers!

Little bit about myself: I am a young lad (30 if thats still young?) and have a 2 year old daughter. I ride BMX now and then for some kicks and I work in IT computing. I lived just north of London before I moved here and am a full on pom. I have lived in Sydney for 4 years and just got back on the bike 1 week ago from today since I left England.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well, welcome to Netrider. I'd hie myself off to the Learner sessions at Homebush.

3. Welcome !

4.  Top
  5. Surely 8 minutes from Newtown is Newtown at the rate traffic flows there! :p
    Anyhow, welcome and good luck. Naturally, all the routes are about as far out from the city as is reasonable to ride in a day.
    Macquarie Pass, Old Pac and Wiseman's Ferry are the typical default rides, their routes should be well documented here.

6. Welcome along

7. Welcome...