Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to road riding... recommend me a bike!

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by LyntonBourne, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Gday all,

Just joined up here at netrider.
    Just starting to get into road bikes. Have got rid of all my dirt bikes, looking around at road bikes now that I am in the suburbs.
    I have ridden dirt bikes for about 7 years and have been on the road a few times, but not alot of experience.
    What bike do you all recommend for a road beginner who has previous riding experience? I have been looking at the 600cc sport bikes, ie R6, GSXR600, etc but am open to other types of bikes as well. Let me know what you all think! Any advice will be good advice :)
    I have a full victorian bike license as well if that helps.

Cheers

2. 600s seem to be a good step up...... I guess you need to decide whether you want a racing-replica sports bike, or a naked bike for more all round flexibility. Ride everything they'll let you ride, and then make your decision.

3. Take a Triumph Street Triple (not Speed Triple) for a test ride.

4. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I do like the idea of a sports bike rather than a naked bike, etc. I am thinking the Kawasaki ZX-6R (636cc) would be good. Now I gotta start saving... urgh :(

5. Just go straight to a Kawasaki and save yourself years of pain with lesser makes.
    :wink:
    Regards, Andrew.