Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to riding

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Birdie74, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Hello my name is Donna from Adelaide South Aus. I got my L's about a month ago and brought a Yamaha Vstar 650 Classic, My first ride was approx 100km ride home the day i brought my bike, talk about scary as I had never ridden a bike apart from the learners course, well I made. I have been doing a lot of riding through city and just around local area and I am loving it.

2. Welcome to Netrider, and the unique excitement of riding motorcycles. It's a lifelong obsession, as you probably know, so be prepared to eat, drink, sleep and talk motorcycles from now on. Your friends will either be envious or terrified or they'll ask you to please shut up about it!!
  3. Welcome to NR, and to motorcycling.
  4. Welcome aboard fellow Adelaidian.
  5. Welcome to NR! Like you i rode my bike home from the shop just after getting my L's..

I went from doing the Learners course in what is essentially a big car park to doing 100kms on the freeway riding home. That was the day i first found out about wind buffeting and how it affects your ride..

Enjoy the trial by fire that is bike riding!! It's one of the best feelings you can have.

6. welcome aboard Donna :] nice choice of bike :]
  7. Welcome and congrats on a set of big balls (yes I know you're female) - 100km right off the bat with no experience is ballsy! Enjoy your new life...
  8. Good effort Donna from Adelaide. You rock!
  9. Welcome to NR...

And to a lifetime addiction.